6.29.2010

antidepressant

I take an antidepressant everyday. It's not a drug, but works just as well or really, a lot better. I simply text my best friend and she texts me back. It always makes me smile, sometimes I giggle. Yep, the old man still has some giggles left in him and she finds them every time. I love her for it. We are peas in a pod. Like goofy kids in school.
When I'm with her time stops. Or rather, it goes too fast. Way too fast. Hours evaporate. When I'm not, everything I do reminds me of her. She is the catcher on my baseball team. Catching all my dreams and pop flys. She is my running back. She scores touchdowns and never fumbles. She smiles at me in a way that melts my heart. I can't take my eyes off of her.
She is my sophisticated date at the best restaurants in town. She always tries to get the check before I can. She charms the waitstaff. She leaves a big tip.
She is my candied apple. My pumpkin pie. My heart.
She is everything to me. She is my best friend. She makes me a better person.
I love my best friend.
I always will.


No comments:

Post a Comment