6.06.2010

bdl

I was in Wisconsin today and learned to my surprise that there is such a thing as a BDL. A Bovine Drivers License. Bovines can legally drive in Wisconsin.
I knew that cats were legally licensed in New York. Hence, Toonces, The Driving Cat popularized on SNL. I did not know about bovines in Wisconsin until one backed into me in the parking lot of the Superamerica and dinged my bumper. She mooed loudly and called in a flock of crows (oops, I meant cops). I still have Arizona plates and an Arizona DL so they brought in the drug dog. Two and one half hours later, I am free to go. Apparently it is legal to have chewing gum in your vehicle in Wisconsin because that's all the dog found of interest.
The bovine, on the other hand, will be buying me a new bumper. It's a small ding and I would have let it go, except for the mooing, which annoyed me as much as the crows. Cows and crows in Wisconsin. A wonderful afternoon.


4 comments:

  1. I have friends who live near Appleton, and while visiting have seen many of the driving bovines you mentioned. Would your car suffer more damage if they were behind the wheel when they hit you, or if they were to back into you on their way to their car, maybe in the parking lot of the Royal Fork?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good question. Royal Forkers do grow to massive proportions.
    Appreciate comments buddy. Got to spend more time on your blog. Shoot me the URL to deanei@gmail.com. You on Facebook?

    ReplyDelete
  3. And it was my truck. Trucks are more important than cars. Messed up the cow's Hyundai though. Heh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trucks are good, have 270K on mine now. Hit an elk with it once, but no Wisconsin bovines. Still technologically challenged when it comes to computers, I have much admiration for people like Yvonne Chouinard, who don't use one. So not sure what you meant by URL. I'm occasionally on Facebook under Ken Johnson.
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete