6.11.2010

almost

Almost old. Almost. I'm fighting it. But if by chance I do get older, I'll remember all the special people in my life. There are so many.
I spend my days playing a game I call jump, jump, jump climb. I get tied up in it.  Then I hear from a dear friend I haven't heard from in years. Her smile is beautiful and it makes me happy. And the years fall away. Tomorrow, I think I'll play in a sandbox. Ride a swing. Take the neighbor kids for ice-cream. There's more than one way to jump, jump, jump, climb.


2 comments:

  1. you said it all my friend !! Enjoy YOUR day and make everyone count...my heart is smiling at you, hope you can feel it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wrote it with you in mind Julie. And, I do feel your heart smiling. Mine smiles too. And it's a lot bigger because of you.

    ReplyDelete