1.15.2009

willis the lemur


I was talking to a friend at work and she said, "Why don't you get a lemur and name him Willis. Then you can say. 'What you talking about, Willis"? I had to pause to process the information. Then I weighed my options. A lemur? A really smart monkey-cat with a tail and freaky big eyes. I could maybe deal with a lemur.
But where the hell do you get one? They're endangered and mostly, at least the best one's, are found in Madagascar. To get there, you will probably have to run the Somali pirate gauntlet. You might have to overnite in Columbo, Sri Lanka.
Next, I asked a friend, "What do you feed a lemur?" He said spinach, garlic and sausage rigatoni. No tomatoes. Extra virgin olive oil.
(Got a call from my lemur sales guy - gotta go - story TBD).

No comments:

Post a Comment