1.08.2009

what has happened to customer service?

So I'm at Me Gusto on University Avenue in Tempe and I ask the waiter, 'could you take these chips and throw them back in the fryer for a minute, I like them crispy'. He takes the basket and all seems well. He comes back with a basket full of chip dust like he'd put them in a blender or something and then physically threatens me with his pen. He makes a stabbing motion apparently intending to poke me in the eye and before he can get to me, I flip the table and duck behind it. Luckily, I always carry a small .25 caliber auto in my sock and I clear it in time to fire a shot into the ceiling as he's coming around the table, apparently enraged by the turn of events.
I say, 'check please' and he responds 'certainly sir, one minute', but I still think the first part was uncalled for and so I wrote a letter to corporate. Rather than an apology or gift certificate, both due in this instance in my opinion, I get a plaque naming me Asshole Of The Year.
Now that's poor customer service. Even though the plaque was very nice.

4 comments:

  1. well you weren't eating at the cactus while i was there now however you might get the same service!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, don't hate. A plaque is certainly a sight more than I've ever gotten. I think you're just too darn picky. It is not bad customer service when you get threatened with a pen and you receive a nice plaque. That, my friend, is probably the best damn customer service you're ever gonna get.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I said it was a pen because I didn't want to frighten the readers. It was actually a fondue fork and I changed the name of the restaurant to prevent any repercussions, i.e., lawsuits. The plaque was lost in the Courthouse Fire. It was exhibit A in my suit for reckless endangerment by pointy fork weapon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it was because you ordered the sea kittens with the chips. LB

    ReplyDelete