9.14.2008

i hate north carolina

I'm bothered by dysfunctional processes. Usually it's a mechanical issue but sometime it's people. Sometime it's an entire geographically recognizable area . Like a state or interconnected mountainous region. Like North Carolina.
Tobacco. Whiskey. BBQ. I've enjoyed all three, but then I quit tobacco, switched to single malt scotch instead of bourbon (carburetor cleaner no matter how or how long you age it) and moved away from pulled pork in favor of a well done chicken breast and fresh garden veggies. Last time I was in NC a meal was a Chik-O-Stik and an RC Cola. The rest of the night was spent in 4WD Polaris UTV hunting feral hogs and drinking peach flavored homemade white lightening.
It was fun, but we didn't get a pig and when the dude rolled the UTV, I dislocated my shoulder and lost a tooth. Par for the course in North Carolina.

No comments:

Post a Comment