5.04.2007

omaha

1982
Showed up for college at the Teke House at 505 E. Main in Vermillion, SD on a Thursday in August 1982. Unloaded my shirts, shoes and Levi 501s and perambulated down to the Dakota Dome to register for classes. Set with my curriculum, launch pad and all that - I met up with Huhner and Varg and Belly Man, Spencer Cain. They had tickets for the Police, Oingo Boingo and the English Beat at Rosenblatt in Omaha, NE. They also had blotter, black beauties and beer. And maybe a shitload of weed but I forget.
We "flew" down I-29 and asked some freeway chicks in a ragtop for directions to the gig. They drove us iin.
Oingo Boingo played first. Either they sucked or the drug cocktail had not kicked in. The Beat came on next. Everything just blowed up! Best show I had seen since AC/DC opened for Aerosmith at the Rushmore Plaza Civic Center in July, 1979.
This video only suggests their rockin' roots.
Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment