5.17.2007

howe gelb

I met Howe at First Avenue in Minneapolis. He shakes hands aggressively. He then asked me where the Thai restaurant "The King and Thai" had moved to since it was a favorite of his and second he asked me where was the the closest liquor store. I told him the Thai place had moved from Nicollet to the corner of LaSalle and Grand and that the liquor store was one block east on 7th Street.
He signed my CD, writng "It's good to pay attention to your reading, Dean. Howe".
I asked him why he didn't play "Blue Marble Girl" and he said "because I don't remember it."
There are two great bands out of AZ. I was a fan of both long before I moved here.
When you're done with Howe and Giant Sand, Google the Meat Puppets or go straight to Curt Kirkwood or Derrick Bostrom who lives in Mesa This scene is ancient but still the best that ever was.
Here's a Howe solo tune. If you need some Giant Sand, write me.

No comments:

Post a Comment