7.28.2007

is that a ferret - update two

Rapid City Journal (All Rights Reserved)
Interior, South Dakota. Recent photgraphic evidence suggests that released black footed ferrets are interbreeding with prairie dogs creating a mutant race scientists are referring to as "ferret dogs". Six ferret dogs have been isolated by state wildlife biologists in the Conata Basin since June suggesting many more exist but have gone uncounted. Federal park employee Norman Eisengeigle reported an encounter with the "gang of six", as the ferret dogs are referred to locally.
"I was pulling up on the edge of the buffalo sweet grass plateau, when three of these buggers attacked the front passenger tire. Three more came up from the left and attacked the rear driver's side tire." Norman recounted. "The sound was like a class of kindergartners with sharp scissors. I lost tire pressure at the same time I noticed the ferret dogs was [sic] gnawing on the door handles."
Two steel belted radials were shredded. The door handles could not be repaired and had to be replaced. Norman Eisengeigle was so shaken he took two days off and attended to the trauma so suffered at the Badlands Bar in Wall. We caught up with him there.
"It was cut, scrape and scratch getting out of there. Them ferret dogs can run faster than a kerosene cat and I took some damage to my pants and boots and calf level epidermis, but when I got to the gravel, they laid off."
"I walked south on the gravel. In the hot sun, legs razored up a bit, truck and guns left behind."
"I was picked up by Sam Whirlwindhorse and he took me into the Ben Riefel park station. It was only then that I truly felt safe," Norman said.
"I can tell you," he continued, "they are a danger to our beloved Prairie Dogs and our peaceful towns, but then I heard the Homeland Security departement was arming them with tiny RPG's and ground mouse commandos. If that's the case, we're in for a long, drawn-out conflict like nothing this country's ever seen before. God help us."

No comments:

Post a Comment