4.04.2010

for tammy

Tammy,
I am so sorry for your loss. Perry was a good man and a good friend. I lost him too. I'll miss giving him shit over the phone. I'll miss his Blantons on ice with a lemon twist. I'll miss his deadpan, ornery-ass humor most of all. He was a character and he had a big impact on me.
When we spoke you asked if I had pictures taken of the hunting trip he, his dad and brother and I grouped up for in South Dakota. I do. He sent all of them to me. Someday soon we'll have to go through them and I can tell you what was happening. The guide was good, birds plentiful and the banter between father and sons was extremely entertaining. Pete couldn't believe they didn't have a Starbucks in Gregory, SD. The coffee sucked, etc. HA!
Tammy, I still remember the trip well and as Perry once said to me, it was one of the best times of our lives. Brother Steve notwithstanding!
Take care and I'll call again soon.
Me



No comments:

Post a Comment