9.01.2007

old 97's

So I was trying to rent a 32 foot, two-man scissor lift in Lewisville, Texas for a Tuesday delivery and I needed to nail this down by noon Phoenix time Friday so I could start my holiday weekend. I wasn't having any luck until I got ahold of Orville at S&H Equipment in Euless, Texas. Orville had my lift and could meet my delivery deadline of Tuesday, September 4th. But, he needed a credit application so I asked can I put it on my AMEX. Hell, yeah, he replied - same as cash.
Now this alone was a Godsend, but Orville goes on to talk about growin' up in Dallas and his good friend Rhett Miller. I know who Rhett Miller is. Rhett Miller fronted the Old 97's before going solo. Seems Rhett is playing a backyard BBQ in Hurst, Texas in October. Orville said come on over. I just might.

No comments:

Post a Comment