7.04.2010

i did

Have you ever had something beautiful come into your life when you least expected it? When you were so lost you thought you might go blind? When you were so hot in the blistering desert sun but still feeling cold. The wind blowing dust around like snow.

Then she comes into your life just like magic. You see her and you can't look away. Can't pretend you're lonesome anymore. Her heart takes you to the other side. The side you weren't on before. She makes you feel high and wide. Big as an ocean. As tall as a tree.

I heard that music and felt the pulse. I saw her and everything else looked better, felt better, even in the background. Hell, the background faded from view. I could only see her.

I saddled my horse. Rode out onto the range. Listened to a perfect opera. It was hers. She sang it to me. She broke through the fences I'd put up. Crossed the cattle guard to my heart. Jump started the old truck. Smiled and made the sun rise again.

So if you ever ask me the that question, have you ever had something beautiful come into your life when you least expected it, I'll answer.

I did.







No comments:

Post a Comment