12.24.2008

where the buffalo roam

Here it is. Dang near zero hour. The new year. What's in store?
You tell me.
Or maybe I should tell you about my search for a 'Primary Care Physician'(PCP). At 2:30 PM on Tuesday, Dec 22, I headed over to 303 Baseline Road for an appointment with Dr. Enrique Cifuentas. It was almost 3:00 PM before I met the doctor. My concern was at a low but consistent level. While the building (a medical complex) was impressive in outward appearance it was considerably less impressive inside. It was dirty. Disrepair.
The office staff was clearly challenged by a guy with good insurance.
The doctor, when he finally decided to see me, cocked his head and looked at me sideways like a bird. He seemed perplexed that I had chosen his office as a PCP. I wasn't Mexican or black. I was out of HIS element.
TBC.

No comments:

Post a Comment