7.19.2008

girl, you really got me now


By golly, I got a bit of a shock when I learned that Samantha (Sam), a bartender at the Spurr Lounge in Laveen, AZ wanted to go to the stock car races with me. She's tall, a curly haired blonde and very pretty; always smiling and laughing. We waited in line in the 105 degree heat for tickets. Sam was as good as naked in a bikini top and short jean shorts and flip/flops. I could hardly believe my luck. I assumed I was dreaming. I thought it might be related to the good karma generated by my consistent charity to the Off Ramp Card Board Sign Man at 51st and I-10.
We waited in line again for a hot dog and then a beer and then upstairs for the heat races. The sun was just going down and it began to cool off. Sam's clothing decisions began to pay dividends. I went back to the truck and grabbed the NorthFace fleece jacket I always carry. Sam looked like a Goddess. Maybe it's in the eyes.
I missed most of the races, paying attention only to Sam. Anyway, here's the info, Manzanita Speedway is just north of Baseline on 35th. It's a mile and a quarter dirt track. Open wheel stock, sprints and NASCAR full modified. Its been in operation since 1958 and the hot dogs are proof in hand. But, the beer is cold and when you're with a gal like Sam, all is well in the world.
Hell, I might even take her to Applebees.


No comments:

Post a Comment