3.23.2010

translation program

I can't speak Spanish much. And George can't speak English any more than that. But George works for me. We need to be able to communicate. So I asked him to write a post-it note saying what he needed to say to me in Spanish. I took his yellow post-it and typed the words into an online web translation gig/app. Result positive. George was impressed. Then I typed in English what I needed to say to him. It worked. We realized we weren't a million miles apart. I can't complete my daily paperwork without George's input. I sign his paycheck. Obvious. Classic co-dependence.
In the meantime, we talk a bit and learn a little of each others language. Mostly though, that's a matter of George working with me on correct pronunciation. I have a hard time doing well at it, but I'm trying.



No comments:

Post a Comment