11.24.2008

he has risen

I'm back! The long sabbatical has ended and I have more than a few stories to tell. I've spent a good chunk of the past few weeks fighting an infection in my lower left leg and am, in fact, still hospitalized at the CHW Life Care Center in Phoenix for rehabilitation . In total, I've undergone three surgeries, skin grafts and four weeks of intravenous antibiotic treatment - every four hours, every day, I suck up about a thousand bucks worth of Zosin alone. I take so many pills I can't keep track of what or what for. Pain med time is my favorite time of day even though morphine no longer affects me.
I can't wait to total the bill.
And I can't wait to tell you folks some of my stories based on direct observation and keen insight. My forced incarceration has been both tragic and comedic. I could write a book about the food but it would be a comic book. A tragic comic book. You'll get the idea as you peruse the stories to follow. They aren't necessarily in order or even completely true but they do great justice to the farce that is US health care at Catholic Health West in Phoenix AZ. So sit down, have a piece of stale white bread with margarine and prepare to get your vitals checked. You'll need your strength.

3 comments:

  1. I miss you. Been thinking about you lots. You could answer my emails you know, to help pass the time and all...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see your back, it was getting real dark out there. I was beginning to wonder about you...we miss you. And of course your warped, talented, creative mind too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. Glad to hear your on the mend.

    Lance

    ReplyDelete